Uninstall Windows?
RonTheGuy
2020-10-21 23:29:17 UTC
Was considering buying a used PC. Booted from a USB drive prepared by the
seller, then installed Windows 10 but did not activate it. Decided not to buy
the PC. The Windows installation is personalized for me; how do I remove my
personalization or the Windows install? I don’t want someone else
activating that Windows install as me.

Ron, the humblest guy in town.
Roger Blake
2020-11-22 19:05:11 UTC
Post by RonTheGuy
Was considering buying a used PC. Booted from a USB drive prepared by the
seller, then installed Windows 10 but did not activate it. Decided not to buy
the PC. The Windows installation is personalized for me; how do I remove my
personalization or the Windows install? I don’t want someone else
activating that Windows install as me.
Here's one way:

https://dban.org/

Danart
2022-12-19 05:44:42 UTC
Post by RonTheGuy
Was considering buying a used PC. Booted from a USB drive prepare
by th
Post by RonTheGuy
seller, then installed Windows 10 but did not activate it. Decide
not to bu
Post by RonTheGuy
the PC. The Windows installation is personalized for me; how do
remove m
Post by RonTheGuy
personalization or the Windows install? I don’t want someone els
activating that Windows install as me
Ron, the humblest guy in town
When you install windows an
it is not activated, this means their is no actual key linked to th
installation and you could use the operating system but you will hav
that sticker "windows not activated" sticker, and be limite
to personalizing the desktop. That is it. Windows 10 is virtuall
free

All activating does is

A. Tie the install to the machine. I forget if this prevents you fro
moving the install to another machine similar to XP ( which you coul
bypass )

B. Activate for the next 30 or 60 years ( I forget what year it was
and you could move from one machine to the next.

Personally I am using Windows 10 without any activation, because
plan to migrate it to another machine.

If you want to "uninstall", you could go back into th
installation and just reformat the hard drive for installation thu
"erasing" the previous install

What you have is a clean installation. As with an Apple device with n
key tied to it. Clinically Windows 10 is free while not activated
Again you will have that watermark and be limited to a bland lookin
desktop

This is a response to the post seen at
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=574421570#57442157