cannot unselect readonly attribute for my folder
Jivanmukta
2017-07-13 16:43:32 UTC
I have a problem with access to some folder in Vista. The folder has att
Mam problem z dostępemribute read-only. When I try to unselect it, it
becames marked again. I do not not know why.

---
B00ze
2017-07-14 02:01:29 UTC
Post by Jivanmukta
I have a problem with access to some folder in Vista. The folder has att
Mam problem z dostępemribute read-only. When I try to unselect it, it
becames marked again. I do not not know why.
ReadOnly is only "supported" for files. For folders is does NOT mean
"ReadOnly" at all, it means that Windows will read Desktop.ini before
showing the folder. If you want to get rid of the attribute you have to
use ATTRIB in a DOS shell.

Regards,
--
! _\|/_ Sylvain / ***@hotmail.com
! (o o) Member:David-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society
oO-( )-Oo "U can't lie in front of the buldozer forever" - "I'm game!"
Jivanmukta
2017-07-21 17:50:16 UTC
I tried but it does not help.
B00ze
2017-07-27 01:57:13 UTC
Post by Jivanmukta
Post by B00ze
If you want to get rid of the attribute you have to
use ATTRIB in a DOS shell.
I tried but it does not help.
Open a command prompt in the parent folder,
Then do: ATTRIB FolderName -r
Works fine here...
--
! _\|/_ Sylvain / ***@hotmail.com
! (o o) Member:David-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society
oO-( )-Oo Ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?